U8 PROGRAM SUMMARY (Ages 6 & 7)
The U8 Program is focused on the gliding start & skier essentials phases of the LTAD. Introducing the elements of gliding, tucking, jumping and moving over terrain skills. Athletes start off on a lower gradient of terrain at the beginning of the season and progress to more challenging terrain.
BASE PROGRAM: Saturdays OR Sundays COST: $650
OPTION 1: Add an extra weekend day COST: $900
OPTION 2: Add a twilight session COST $800
**Additional training at this stage is not necessarily suitable for all children and may require approval of the Program Director and Senior Coaching Staff to participate.
Lead Coach: Jenna Marinigh
Assistant Coaches: Lexi Hurdon
# of Weeks: 14
First Day on Snow: Saturday December 12, 2020
Target Training to Competition Ratio: 12:1 (4 to 6 race starts)
Target Athlete to Coach Ratio: 6:1 maximum
• 75% of the training volume should be focused on free skiing throughout the season.
• Fun courses with turn radii equal to the child’s ski radius.
• Brushes, stubbies, limited introduction to junior gates
• Athletes are encouraged to be skiing 2-3 times per week, with an overall target of 45 days on snow.
Coaching at Races Included in Program:
• NAC Invitational (only race with race entry included in program price)
• Fun Day/Spirit Day
• Pro Race
• Club Championships
For any program questions, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org