U10 / U12 PROGRAM SUMMARY
(U10: Ages 8 & 9, U12: Ages 10 & 11)
The U10 / U12 Program is focused on the Skier Essentials and Learn to Train phases of the LTAD. It continues to build on the elements of gliding, tucking, jumping and moving over terrain skills with a focus on linking terrain features and turn shapes together. Athletes start off on a lower gradient of terrain at the beginning of the season and progress to more challenging terrain.
BASE PROGRAM: Saturdays OR Sundays COST: $800.00
+ Thursday OR Friday Twilight
OPTION 1: Add a 2nd weekend day COST $1250.00
OPTION 2: Add a 2nd twilight session COST $1050.00
Lead Coach: Remy Anderson
Assistant Coaches: Francis McGregor
# of Weeks: 14
First Day on Snow: Saturday December 12, 2020
Target Training to Competition Ratio: U10 - 9:1, 8 - 10 race starts, U12 – 7:1, 10 - 12 race starts
Target Athlete to Coach Ratio: 6 - 8:1
• 50 – 65% of the training volume should be focused on free skiing throughout the season.
• Fun courses with turn radii equal to the child’s ski radius.
• Brushes, stubbies, junior gates, introduction to Slalom
• Athletes are encouraged to be skiing a minimum of 3 times per week, with an overall target of 60+ days on snow for U10, and 80+ days on snow for U12.
Coaching at Races Included in Program:
• NAC Invitational (only race with race entry included in program price)
• Lydia Kutra GS/Mount Baldy SL
• Fun Day/Spirit Day
• Club Championships
• NJRS Races (COVID restrictions)
For any program questions, please e-mail: email@example.com