The U16/U19/FIS Program is focused on the Train to Race phases of the LTAD. Primary focused disciplines are Slalom & Giant Slalom and the elements that go into these disciplines. It continues to build on the elements of gliding, tucking, jumping and moving over terrain skills with a focus on linking terrain features and turn shapes together. Super G and Ski X are also formally introduced into competition at this stage. This program includes unlimited access to all training sessions offered by TG coach and can include training opportunities up to 5x per week. There are no additional costs for Christmas, March Break or PD Day camps either.
THIS IS A PERFORMANCE BASED PROGRAM! Each athlete will have an Individual Athletic Plan prepared for the season which will identify their specific training requirements to support the competitions they wish to attend. The program is designed to support ad- ditional racing opportunities including racing in the USA and finishing the season by participating at the U16 Ontario Cup Provincial Championships or higher. This program will expose athletes to additional training resources such as video analysis and wireless timing on an extensive basis. Fitness training one to two days a week is also included as part of the athletes training program.
Participation in Pre-season dryland training is mandatory to be enrolled in this program as well as December Fall Camp. Participation in the AOA Fall Fitness Testing required to be able to compete in the AOA Provincial Championships.
Lead Coach: Benn Porter
Assistant Coach: TBD
# of Weeks: 20
# of On Snow Sessions: 100
# of Dryland Sessions: 35
Dryland Fitness & Conditioning: October 2020 to March 2021
Fall Camp: November & December 2020, TBC
Christmas Camp: December 21, 2020 to January 1st, 2021
First Day on Snow on Thunder Bay: Saturday December 12, 2020
BASE PROGRAM: Weekends + 1 Twilight COST: $1600.00
FULL TIME PROGRAM: Weekends + 3 Twilights
+ Dryland COST: $2500.00
DRYLAND PROGRAM: Add Dryland Program to BASE COST: $150.00
Target Training to Competition Ratio: U16 - 6:1, 16 - 24 race starts
U19/FIS – 5:1, 16 - 24 race starts
Target Athlete to Coach Ratio: 6 - 8:1
• 30 – 40% of the training volume should be focused on free skiing throughout the season. • 20% Environment/ drill courses designed to help specific skills.
• 20% Full gates race simulation courses with timing gear, etc.
• Training environments specific to SL, GS, SG & SX
• 10% -20% Racing.
Race Support Included in Program:
• NAC Invitational (only race with race entry included in program price)
• Lydia Kutra GS / Mount Baldy SL
• USSA Races (COVID restrictions)
• Mealey Classic at Searchmont in Sault Ste Marie (COVID restrictions)
• Provincial Championships (COVID restrictions)
• Lutsen Spring Series (COVID restrictions)
• Mid-Winters/Ocup Races
• Club Championships
• Tuesday – Dryland at LU Hanger, 5pm to 6:30pm.
• Wednesday Twilight – TBC, 4:30pm to 6:30pm.
• Thursday Twilight – Loch Lomond, 4:30pm to 6:30pm.
• Friday Ski X Twilight – Loch Lomond, 4:30pm to 6:30pm.
• Saturdays and Sundays – Loch Lomond or Mt Baldy, 9:30am to 3:00pm.
This Program Does NOT Include:
• AOA Memberships & Dues,
• USSA Memberships & Dues, (COVID restrictions)
• Entry Fees to Races,
• Travel Expenses, i.e. Accommodation’s & Transport at races,
• Coaches Travel Expenses at races,
Our team uniforms have been continuously updated over the last few years. However, we now have settled with a great on snow training jacket and dryland t-shirt. This 2021 season we will also be bringing in new training vest or soft shells for warm days or to be worn at awards.
Eligible U16 Athletes for 2020 – 2021 (Birth Year 2006, 2005)
(Ages 14 & 15)
Eligible U19/FIS Athletes for 2020 – 2021 (Birth Year 2004 & Older) (Ages 16+)
For program question please e-mail email@example.com